We all love Ableton Live. The quickest way around the software by far is to use shortcuts.
Now as you may know, you can grab Ableton Live Keyboards (our favourite being this one from Editors Keys – Ableton Live Keyboard) However if you’re looking for a quick reference, this new site has just sprung up:
This beautiful little site displays all of the shortcuts for Ableton Live and all you need to do is click the keyboard key to find out what a shortcut is! We love it, check it out and let us know what you think!
So another month, another great new product for Ableton Live.
Akai have just launched a new professional controller for Ableton Live… the APC40 Mark 2.
Using the Mark 1 for months, I can say hand on heart what a great product!
Here are some of the specs of the new Ableton Performance Controller,
- Provides hands-on control of Ableton Live with visual feedback
- Seamlessly integrates 1 to 1 with Ableton Live
- 5×8 clip-launch matrix with RGB feedback for clip status, color coding, and more
- 8 channel faders, 1 master fader, and 8 device controls map to Ableton directly
- Send button cycles through all 8 send busses for advanced routing options
- USB-powered and plug-and-play setup for maximum portability
- A/B crossfader can be assigned on the fly for dynamic mixing
- Revised knob layout with in-line controls for smarter workflow
- Includes Ableton Live Lite, Hybrid 3 by AIR Music Tech, SONiVOX Twist, Prime Loops & Toolroom Records launch packs (downloads)
- See more at: http://www.akaipro.com/tradeshows/messe2014#sthash.NP0A1JbU.dpuf
It’s been a loooong time since Ableton Live 8 was released – 2 years, 4 months and 9 days to be exact. There was a lot of speculation that Live 9 would be released at this year’s NAMM show, featuring 64 bit support and a range of other new features. Still, there’s been no whisper from Ableton as of yet. So: when is Live 9 really coming, and what can you expect from Live 9?
Bear in mind that the following is purely speculation – although, as a software developer myself, I’m prepared to say that it’s fairly confident speculation.
Live tips – if you didn’t have enough already, then here’s 365 more! One each day would keep you going for a year. And that’s exactly how it was done: last year, Jon Marguiles started a (crazy) project by writing a Live tip each day of the year.
I don’t know how he did it – 365 tips is a serious amount – but he did. So read on for a year’s worth a Ableton Live goodness.
Some of the effects in Live have a hidden ability: sidechaining. Compression is sometimes used with a sidechain, although you can apply the same technique to other effects too – gate and autofilter effects also have a sidechain option.
Here’s what sidechaining does and how to use it in Ableton Live.